воскресенье, 12 августа 2012 г.

Gifts. Richard Brautigan

At dawn when the dew has built its tents
on the grass, will you come to my grave
and sprinkle bread crumbs
from an enchanted kitchen?

Will you remember me down there

with my eyes shattered
and my ears broken
and my tongue turned to shadows?

Will you remember that I went to the graves

of many people and always knew I was buried
there?

And afterwards as I walked home to where

it was warm, I did not kid myself about
a God-damn thing.

Will you remember that one day

I went to your grave and you had been dead
for many years, and no one thought
about you any more,
except me?

Will you remember that we are fragile gifts

from a star, and we break?

Will you remember that we are pain

waiting to scream, holes
waiting to be dug, and
tears waiting to
fall?