воскресенье, 12 августа 2012 г.

Marie Antoinette Part I: The Palace

by Irene Suchocki Photography

 



















Have you seen Sofia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette? Some people loved it and some hated it. I'm firmly in the loved it camp. I found it to be a refreshing interpretation of a historical figure, unlike I'd seen before in film. I loved the look and sound (what a soundtrack!) of it. It's youthful energy is perfectly suited to the subject, who, afterall, was a mere fourteen years old when she first moved into the palace of Versailles. As told through the eyes of that young girl who becomes queen, it's a brilliant personal "history of feelings" as opposed to a "history of facts" as Kirsten Dunst put it. I couldn't help but think of that movie as I strolled through the rooms of Versailles last May.